Recipes with Vocoa
Check back here regularly and follow us on Pinterest to see more plant based recipes using Vocoa, dairy-free hot cocoa mix! Have one to share of your own? We'd love to hear from you! Tag us on social media or send us an email.
- Orange Banana Oatmeal Vocoa Cookies with Walnuts (vegan)
- Vocoa Mug Cake (vegan, gluten free)
- Frosted Brownies (vegan, gluten free)
- 2 "eggs" (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons of water)
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- Juice from two oranges
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 4 tablespoons of Vocoa cocoa mix
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with coconut shortening.
Mix ground flaxseed with water. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow to thicken.
Combine mashed bananas, sugar, oil, orange juice and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Add oats. Add chilled ground flaxseed and water mixture.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Mix in Vocoa cocoa mix. Add to wet mixture.
Add chopped walnuts (optional).
Spoon into mounds on baking sheet two inches apart.
Bake in preheated oven until edges are firm (about 8 - 12 minutes). Transfer to cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- If bananas are very ripe, you can use less sugar.
- For healthier cookies, applesauce can be substituted for oil.
- For dryer cookies, orange extract may be used instead of orange juice.
- For chewier cookies, bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3 - 5 minutes prior to transferring to cooling rack.
- For gluten free cookies, substitute a non-wheat flour (such as almond or rice) - just be sure to follow package directions for proper substitution ratio.
- 2 tablespoons rice flour (or other suitable flour that will absorb liquid, almond flour will not)
- 2 tablespoons Vocoa cocoa mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mix baking powder with one of the other dry ingredients to improve distribution and mixing.
Add wet ingredients to mug (applesauce, water and vanilla extract) and stir.
Add dry ingredients (flour, cocoa mix, sugar, baking powder).
Whisk with fork until mixture is a thick liquid.
Heat in the microwave for 50 – 60 seconds.
Enjoy as is, or top with garnish (such as blueberries)!
- Vocoa Brownies prepared as directed and cooled completely (ideally refrigerated)
- 2 C confectioners sugar
- 3 Tbs. oat (or other plant based) milk (use more or less if you want more drizzle or slightly thicker frosting)
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract (or spearmint or other extract of choice!)
- 3 drops of green food coloring (or other color of choice!)
- Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix using a wooden spoon making sure food coloring mixes thoroughly.
- If it's too runny, add more confectioners sugar, if it's too thick, add more plant based milk...be sure to mix thoroughly first or you may inadvertently add too much sugar or plant based milk!
- Spread or drizzle on cooled brownies.