About VOCOA by ViVealth
Vocoa products are always vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, and nut-free. We make them ourselves in our dedicated facility in Manchester, NH from carefully sourced, high-quality ingredients.
We gave up dairy and meat five years ago for health reasons and compassion towards the environment and animals in addition to a dairy allergy and dairy intolerance. We became vegan during COVID while cooking for ourselves 100% of the time. We found it was extremely difficult to find sweets we could eat unless we went to a vegan bakery or made them ourselves from scratch. We understand how frustrating it is to go to a restaurant and not be able to order anything on the menu, or to go into the grocery store and find only a small handful of products we can buy after carefully scouring labels and sticking to brands we know. Through our journey we learned how prevalent food allergies and sensitivities are and decided to make treat mixes that avoided the top nine allergens and were vegan so most people can enjoy them. We started with vegan hot cocoa (hence the name "Vocoa") and quickly expanded to brownie and later other baking mixes. Because everyone should be able to enjoy a tasty treat!
We make our products in small batches in our own dedicated facility on dedicated equipment. We do not use or bring into our facility any major allergens such as milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy or sesame seeds.
We source raw ingredients from United States distributors and directly from U.S. manufacturers when possible. We only use reputable manufacturers and distributors that can adhere to complete ingredient sourcing and tracing protocols.
We do not use and strictly prohibit the following top nine (as defined by the FDA) allergen ingredients from our facility:
- Crustacean shellfish
- Sesame seeds
- Tree nuts
Additional ingredients we do not use and strictly prohibit:
- Animal products (anything derived from animals, such as oils, honey, etc.)
- Artificial flavors
- Artificial preservatives
- Chemically-synthesized high intensity sweeteners such as sucralose, alitame, cyclamate, aspartame, neotame, potassium acesulfame, and saccharin
- Genetically Modified ingredients
Ingredients we use:
We use the following ingredients on the same equipment within the same facility. We do fully clean, sanitize and allow to dry our equipment before switching between products to reduce potential cross contamination of our own ingredients between different products.
- Allspice (pumpkin loaf)
- Baking powder with corn starch, sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate (cinnamon breakfast treat and loaf mixes)
- Brown Rice Flour (in everything except hot cocoa)
- Cane sugar (in everything)
- Cinnamon (cinnamon breakfast treat and pumpkin loaf)
- Dutch processed cocoa powder (with alkali) (hot cocoa and brownies)
- Flax seed (in everything except hot cocoa)
- Lemon (lemon loaf)
- Nutmeg (pumpkin loaf)
- Oat powder (hot cocoa)
- Potato Starch (cinnamon breakfast treat and loaf mixes)
- Salt (in everything except hot cocoa)
- Tapioca flour (cinnamon breakfast treat and loaf mixes)
We're Proud to be NH Made!